Saturday, November 17, 2007

One thing leads to another...

So last week I participated in a 24hour Paper magazine shopping event last week, in conjunction with Show Pony. When Kime asked me to bring my jewels, I thought sure, why not? At least it'll get people looking at my stuff, and I'd rather it be out in the world being seen, than sitting at home in my apartment! The event was fun, I got to don my Jeremy Scott dress, and get photographed a lot, reconnect with Jeremy, and meet a TON of new people! Very fun.

So, a few days ago, I get a voicemail from Samantha at Fruition Las Vegas, saying she is very interested in my stuff, she had seen my jewelry at the Paper event, and wanted my line for her store! (She had a booth there too!) I call her back, totally surprised, but excited about the opportunity, and told her I would email her all my info and where she could see my stuff online! We email back and forth...then she calls me the other night to tell me she wants my stuff for a shoot on Saturday...so I had to Fedex it by Friday for Saturday delivery. We go through what she wants, and two of the pieces aren't made yet!!

So earlier today I ran myself downtown to pick up what I needed for the shipment. Several months ago, I missed the Fedex truck, and I cried to the stylist on the phone in the Kinko's parking lot--I've vowed never to miss the truck EVER AGAIN. (Thank goodness me and that stylist still work together!!) Today I furiously assembled each piece, it took about an hour for each one! But finally I made it to Kinko's right as the Fedex truck arrived, whew!

Something about shipping overnight freaks me out. I think something might happen, or they don't get the package...I always am on edge until I hear they have it. One time, I sent a package for my old boss, and the delivery was put on the recipient's door, and she never got it! And it was a ton of expensive jewelry too! That's why I always worry a little.

Well, I'm crossing my fingers that she likes my stuff and that it will sell! This is the first time her boutique will carry jewelry, so I'm excited I'm one of her first picks! You can see more info on the store at www.fruitionlv.com. Exciting!!!

1 comment:

  1. no way jen! i'm so proud of you!!! any news? did the package arrive safely?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...